The Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance (CVSA) is accepting applications for its annual International Driver Excellence Award (IDEA), an award that recognizes the careers of extraordinary professional commercial motor vehicle drivers and their commitment to public safety.
The 2020 IDEA winner will receive:
- A check for $2,500
- A crystal trophy
- Airfare for the winner and one guest to San Antonio, Texas
- Two-night hotel stay at the Hyatt Regency San Antonio
The winner will be announced in March 2020 and presented with his or her award during the general session at the CVSA Workshop in San Antonio on April 20, 2020.
Nominees must have:
- At least 25 cumulative years of crash-free driving in a commercial motor vehicle with a clean driving record for the past three years
- No felony convictions
- No safety-related driving suspensions in the past three years
- No driver violations in the past three years, excluding form and manner violations
CVSA is accepting nominations through Dec. 13, 2019. Completed nomination packets must be received in full by the deadline.
Download the 2020 IDEA Nomination Form.