Outer Powell Transportation Safety Project - Work Now Underway!
We're now working on safety improvements to Outer Powell!
We’ll be working day and night, Monday through Friday through the summer season to make Outer Powell a safer place for all travelers. Traffic control devices will be in place for pedestrians, bicyclists, drivers and transit users throughout construction. Please slow down and be safe in the construction zone.
- We recently installed temporary pavement on the north side of SE Powell Boulevard so that all traffic can be shifted to the north and construction can begin in the south. On the north side of the street, there is a temporary 4-foot bike path and 4-foot pedestrian path through the construction zone.
- Shifting traffic creates space for our construction crew to build new permanent sidewalks, bike facilities, drainage and signals on the south side of SE Powell Boulevard. This work will continue through the end of 2019.
- While we are nearly complete with relocating utilities, we are currently installing a new waterline along SE Powell Boulevard. This work will occur at night through August 2019. As we switch from the old waterline to the new waterline, there will be a brief water service disruption. People will be notified in advance of this work.Throughout the work, ODOT and the contractor will work to minimize the noise as much as possible, but there will be unavoidable noise.
- Businesses are open during construction! We will have business access signs up so customers can find the best way to access businesses.
- We are working closely with TriMet so they know when and where we’re working. There will be intermittent bus stop relocations or temporary closures throughout construction. Check TriMet’s website to see if there are changes to your bus stop.
These safety improvements to SE Powell Boulevard are being completed by the Oregon Department of Transportation. For more information, please check our website or contact us:
Ellen Sweeney, Community Affairs Coordinator